Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Brief Tribute To My Wife, Pat


Yesterday Sam emailed a note describing some of his Mother's attributes and got me thinking about the same things he brought up. I am going to make a statement about my wife that I have given a good bit of recent thought.

Pat is the most selfless person I know!

You've heard of or know someone who you would describe as selfish or selfcentered.....that description is the absolute opposit of what and who Pat is. Living with her as I do day to day for going on 40 years...I SHOULD KNOW! She is constantly thinking of OTHERS! Because she is constantly thinking of OTHERS she is constantly doing things for others! Be it the family, through church where she spends hours each week providing hospitality in the form of coffee, food, and friendly greeting to all ......or as friend to so many needy people over all the years of our marriage.....SHE HASN'T A SELFISH BONE IN HER BODY! This picture has been blogged before but represnts to me the nature and spirit of Pat Weaver...... Pat loves her kids and their companions and their kids.





An example of how she "thinks and operates" came to mind as I was going to praer this morning. I looked over on the stand next to our "Prayer Chair" and saw the prayer box she put there some time ago. In the box she has put folded papers with the names of our individual family members and those we are in contact with that have difficult issues going on in their lives. As I pulled out a couple of names and prayed for them....I added a special prayer of thanks for the one who....... through His own divine providence..... God has given me to do life together with! She is unconditional love personified!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Pastorwes said...

You forgot to mention the most important thing she does at the Naz! She DEVELOPS TEAMS! Yes!

Megan Hofacker said...

Mom your awesome! Thank you so much for everything you do for us and everyone else around you!! We love you dearly!

Kirby Hasseman said...

Nice stuff.

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

You two make me bawl...but only in a good way. I love you both and it is so special to see how much you love each other, even after all these years and trials and tribulations. Talk about an inspiration and a model pair!

But since you dedicated this to Pat...YOU GO GIRL! Thanks for every little (and big!) thing you do! You will never know how much it means, just even in my life alone, along with countless others.

love you!

Jen

Beth said...

What a great blessing. Keep telling people of the possibility we all have to get married, stay married, and be better for it. Thank you for the inspiration.

This post makes me sad (for myself and so many others) and glad all at the same time, but through it all runs a thread of gratitude to the One who makes it all possible, redeemable, forgiveable and incredible!

Anonymous said...

Megan, for sure gets that selflessness from you two! you have raised the most happiest and loving daughter out there! She has been an amazing part of our family! WE LOVE HER DEARLY!!! Hope to see you all soon again! Cindy