Thursday, January 17, 2008

Visit To A Cenote...

A cenote is a large underground grotto created in the limestone and shrouded in vegetation.... While on our way home we stopped and I got to "take a dip." Those are vine roots hanging hundreds of feet from the top.



To get to the bottom of the big hole I had to descend about 300'......





...........dive in...... (because of the low light level you thankfully only see me as a blur!).........



.........and there I am in a 150' deep lush jungle Cenote.......
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Megan Hofacker said...

Wow! How beautiful! I Am so jealous! David and I are thinking about going there for our 10 yr. anniversary ( just over a yr. away). You'll have to gather some brochures for us of awesome places to see!

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

Okay, my friend...that is OUT of control. The only way to experience this is to dive into something 150 ft deep? I don't dive and I would be SCARED. Good for you and glad nothing bit your big toe (or anything else!).