Friday, September 07, 2007

Meeting The Sunrise in Idaho

.....now that I have your attention.....here is the real story.....

We arrived at Idaho Falls last night at about 12:30 am their time (2:30 ours). Our flight out of Minnesota was delayed for 45 minutes WHILE WE WAITED in a thunder storm.....

HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN OFF IN A THUNDERSTORM COMPLETE WITH LIGHTENING BOLTS AROUND THE PLANE???

We did!

....and who did I think of the whole time....Wes Humble and Kevin Bergunthun.....my two "just love flying" friends.

....but it was spectacular.

So at exactly the same time my biological clock gets me up every morning (6:30 am Newark time.....4:30 am Idaho time!) ....it goes off. I lay there listening to Pat snore (sorry dear) and my brain crank.

My thoughts ramble.........this pool has a 24 hour pool/jacouzzi......I think we'll take the slow route to Yellowstone via Jackson Hole.......I know that's what Bob and Claudia would do and I need to slow down and "tour" like them......I got a map of this area from the receptionist last night and I'm laying here dieing to plot our course for the day and read about the sights we can see......there's coffee down in the lobby.....etc....etc....etc!

.....so when I got here in the lobby ....guess what was here waithing for ol Blogger Bill........
A COMPUTER....... AND WORLD WIDE WEB ACCESS!

.......and the picture.....well.....I just can't blog without a visual.....so I took this shot......from....the Windows My Picture sample photo file!

....so now.....after checking my emails..... it's off to the jacouzzi......with a cup of coffee.....and the latest edition of "The East Idaho Visitors Guide."

.....THE BEST IS YET TO COME......

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

While you're wending your way through Idaho you should check out some hot springs. I can't for the life of me remember what the ones I visited when I was there were called, but there are lots and I'm sure you can find some near where you are on a map without too much trouble. What could be better than nature's jacuzzi? :)

Happy travels!

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

So glad I am not the only one WIDE AWAKE!!! So much to do and think and see and share...thanks for taking the time to do so.

Beth said...

I really thought you took that pictue....but the backstory is good! Glad you are all safe...

TheVoiceofReason said...

Is there any other way to take off but in a rainstorm...with lightning?

The pilot's must have been at the end of their shift!

TVOR