Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Climb


Why....."because it was there!"

That is why I had to ascend this mountain to get a broader view of the thermal features below......(and maybe to prove to myself I still had it in me to do so!!!!)



Pat waited patiently in the car below as I made my way up in my rock climbing gear (Tevis...you'd be proud!)...... to check out this scene below.......





....and pause here to smell the roses....I mean pine.

The grandeur is in the small sights as well as the big.




....today we travel to Chico Hot Springs to bathe Pat's knees in nature's jacuzzi while I try my hand trout fishing in the Madison River where the movie "A River Runs Through It" was fillmed.
....move over Brad Pitt!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great view. Way to make the climb.

Beth said...

Great job, and obviously worth it. Beautiful!

Seth and Heather said...

Thanks for keeping us posted on your vacation! All the pics are beautiful!! Glad to see you guys are having a great time! We love you both!!