Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It's Late....But I Must Blog!




I just got done spending 2 hours visiting the whole round of my favorite blogs. What inspiration I draw! Real People....Real Friends and Family....sharing two main elements......life as it is and the fact that each shares it with me and others via blogging! Your families...your trips....your interests....your inspirations and heartaches.....YOUR LIVES! I once took over a year of Sundays studying with a young adult group the topic of love. It all started when I went into the hospital for a knee operation and thought I would pick up a book to read at the library on the way to the hospital. The title of the book by Leo Buscaglia was simply, Love. Leo at that time taught the most popular class on the UCLA campus by the same name. His class started out of an incident that happened when he was teaching freshman English (Can you imagine freshman English at UCLA!). There were hundreds of kids in one class. He felt he was boring and thought the class was disinteresting.....until he discovered one girl.....focused....making eye contact with him....writing down everything he said.....
He started preparing his lessons....FOR HER! He pictured her taking it all in as he prepared. He so wanted to meet her expectations......and then.....she wasn't there.....several classes went by....he didn't even know her name....and then he enquired of the students who sat around her.....and found out the sad news.......she had committed suicide!
......his guilt was horrific.....he never told her what she meant to him.....

I want to tell you what you mean to me!!!

YES YOU! ....each of you who take the time to check in...to comment....or to just be interested....I LOVE YOU!




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, gosh, we love you too. Thanks for the gushing words. You rock!

Just as each one of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

Cool, eh?

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for checking in with me! It's always nice to know that someone's interested, even if the highlight of my day these days is making an omlette for lunch. ;-P I always enjoy your blog, as well, and I definitely hope you can come to one of my matches. Oh, and Paul asked me to tell you that he's going to be around for Thanksgiving again this year and he'd love it if we could hang out with you guys for a little while. He's looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

sam-a-lama-ding-dong said...

We love you too Willie!

Seth and Heather said...

AWWW! LOVE U 2!!! You're such a special person! I'm blessed to have you and pat in my life!!