Friday, June 01, 2007

Wildnerness Bill at Polaris School


I was asked to speak at the 8th grade Christian school graduation at a K - 8 school Principaled by Scott Lane's sister, Nancy. Scott was a kid I coached who later went on to play pro football for the Denmark Aarhoose Tigers). I spoke from I Corinthians 4, "We are guides into God's most sublime secrets." As the Principal at Toboso I taught our 6th graders to be guides for visiting schools through Black Hand Gorge Nature Prserve. Over 12,000 students and parents were guided on tours led by our students during my tenure. It was always my hope and intent that children would not only learn the wonders of nature but have their eyes opened to "God's sublime secrets!"



One of the graduates.... and "future guides."
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm certain that your speech left a lasting impression on those fine students. Good to see that Nanci has used her brother's international football fame to help springboard her own personal career. ;)

Anonymous said...

As one in attendance at Bill's speech, I can attest to the inspiration given to the 8th graders (and all who were present!). Thank you Scott, Nanci's famous (and humble) brother, for helping to make this possible. :)