Thursday, June 21, 2007

Monitoring the Bald Eagle's Nest From Afar


We (particularly I) have become intrigued with watching the bald eagle's nest near Claylick bridge. I would be blogging the progress of the one eaglet on the blog but it is a great distance away and needs to be seen through a high power spotting scope loaned to me by my friend, Anne Dunlap. I thought I'd at least give you a perspective of the nest. In the picture above you can barely see the nest above the white tree trunk in the middle of the picture.


Here is the computer blow up of the picture above and the eaglet is the dark spot on the left side of the "V" formed by the branches. When I get a decent shot of the adult I will post it. Pat and I are planning to take a couple of chairs, a cooler of drinks and healthy snacks (Heather!) and just hang out there to watch the feeding and activity at the nest sometime soon. We would love to se this little geezer's first flight which could happen anytime.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: