Thursday, June 28, 2007

......To Leave A Legacy


On Father's Day Seth and Heather gave me the gift of a book called A Father's Legacy. They suggested I write my recollections and memories of my childhood and life adventure to be preserved for them and their siblings understanding/keeping.
(The book is filled with writing prompts and 192 pages long!)

I have decided to use my/our blog as the medium by which to record these writings and throw in a few pictures along the way. These will be sprinkled throughout the other posts I normally do.

These are the words in the introduction of the book:

"As the years slip past we become more aware of what's really important in life. Lying within our memories are the personal histories of those treasures. By sharng them, we pass along a loving legacy to children, grandchildren, and generations yet to come." (And other blog readers! : ))

In recent years I have been called on to go into schools and businesses to give a speach I title. "What Stuff REALLY Matters Anyway?"

Here.....on this blog....I hope to convey....THE STUFF.......the stuff that matters most to me and how and why it has come be so important.

SSSOOOOO....let this adventure continue......from here.....TO HEAVEN......my final destination and the begining of a whole NEW advenure!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Megan Hofacker said...

What a wonderful Father's Day book. I will be looking forward to your future blogs and will continue to share them w/ your granddaughters. You both are so special to them!

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

I am so blessed to have a small view into your wisdom!!!