Monday, January 16, 2006

Reflections on Our Children

Tonight Wes and Cheryl invited us over for supper. As I began to pray for the meal...... I was overwhelmed by a "WOW" factor. As I began to mouth the words, "Our father....."
I had an overpowering sense of how much I love my kids. ......ALL....OUR KIDS!

They share a lot in common. The same Mother and Father.....OK....that is pretty obvious....but there is more. All 4 are good cooks; have picked wonderful companions; would do anything for each other; do a lot for their parents including communicating their love on a regular basis; enjoy life; get along; have great smiles (as evidenced in this picture) and have made their Father and Mother very proud. For as many attributes as they have in common there are many more qualities that are unique to each one individually. They have transitioned from being our children to dearest and forever friends. Pat and I love them dearly and unconditionally!

1 comment:

Megan Hofacker said...

Thank you so much Dad for those wonderfully encouraging words. They definitely brightened up this otherwise crappy day.
We're only where we are and who we are because of you and mom. Thank you for being such awesome parents.