Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Most Wonderful Person I Know!


44 Years ago by God's providence, I looked across room 101 D Of Junior Building at Newark High School and saw Pat Williams. She was wearing a plaid kilt skirt, white blouse and wore blue and white framed glasses. I asked her out and we started dating. 44 years, 4 children, 6 grandchildren and a lot of life experiences later, she continues to be my very best friend and life companion. On the eve of her 61st birthday I have chosen to share about her on this blog to all who might see it. I chose this combination of pictures because they represent two moments in time that paint a small picture of who she is. The first picture was taken this morning as she was combing Addy's hair before feeding her breakfast and hugging her out the door to catch the school bus. It is one of the most endearing qualities about her. She is so selfless. She is constantly thinking and serving the needs of her family and others. This is obvious to me on a very daily....almost hourly basis. Take today for instance. She got up and had coffee for me when I came to the kitchen, greeted and hugged the girls when they arrived, prepared breakfast for all of us, made calls to arrange for her Father and the whole family to get together when Meg and David arrive for a stay, prepared lunch for a visiting old friend of mine from Longaberger etc etc. She is the queen of Hospitality! She has been my close companion as over the years we have taken some very hurting people into our home, sometimes for months at a time to help them heal from very deep wounds. She has given thousands of hours to the needs of others through church, Heartbeats and anonymously doing things that if I spelled them out in this blog she would shoot me! She is The Good Samaritan. She "goes to where they are", "gives first aide", and "brings them to the Inn and makes them comfortable". She makes all who are around her....comfortable!
I chose the second picture because it shows another side of Pat that I dearly love! She so knows how to make those of us close around her feel her love. She communicates her joy of life in 10,000 ways. The picture says it all. I love her with all my heart.

2 comments:

Megan Hofacker said...

I AM GOING TO HAVE TO AGREE W/ EVERYTHING YOU SAID. WHAT A REMARKABLE WOMAN!! WE LOVE HER SO MUCH AND CONITUE TO BE BLESSED W/ HER LOVE AND KINDNESS EVERYDAY. I HOPE SHE HAS A WONDERFULLY RELAXING B-DAY. SHE DEFINITELY DESERVES IT! WE LOVE YOU MOM!!

sam-a-lama-ding-dong said...

ok, ok the mush can cease!! we know she's great...she's OUR mother!! why, just the other day i walked into my office (our guest room/willie and pats home away from home) and saw a picture of MY lovely wife (MY greatest asset) and myself on our screensaver, and low and behold there i was looking an awful lot like my mother in that very picture! now, those of you who know our family pretty well would say to me, "you look just like your dad!" and "you're a chip off the ole' block"...and things like this, but, if they could probe ophthalmologically to see that i've actually recieved plenty of my wonderfully handsome features from my mother then they'd be percieved as genius since this more closely conforms to the definitive criteria of my natural particularities! this being said, i feel it is also my duty as the offspring of two, count them, TWO, fabulous progenitors, to expound on the behalf of the masculine figure as well. so, way too be willie, you've been able to beguile the plebians into thinking it's been solely your ovum that perpetuates the fortitudes of your being through my semblance. well, now as we all know this is not true. the birthday girl under your roof has had more than her fair shake at creating such incredible progeny! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER! WE ALL LOVE YOU VERY MUCH. and resemble your "side" in all the right ways...sam & mel.