Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Early Adventure Injury!


Funny thing happened on the way to the destination of better health! In an effort to trim 20 pounds I joined a weight loss challenge with a team of 5 others and weighed in this past Sunday. I joined the Advantage Club to work out and play racketball. I had played David while in Virginia Beach and lets just say .....well .......modestly.....cleaned his clock! (Of course he had only been playing for a week!) So I looked up one of my old opponents from my racketball glory days and scheduled a match. Just 3 points into it he hit a shot over my head and when I reached for it I felt this singeing, burning pain in my shoulder followed by forhead sweat inducing PAIN. A visit to the Doctors this morning confirmed a strained rotator cuff tendon. Good news....it was not torn.....but....a real athletic injury! Only real athletes have real athletic injuries!
So it's on with my MODIFIED adventure. A proverbial detour in the road of life! I will press on with moist heat and antiinflamatory medication and return to the court as soon as the doctor gives the OK. The saga continues!

1 comment:

sam-a-lama-ding-dong said...

this is why cycling is so good for all of us! no "wackin'" at little thingies flyin' through the air! bikes are good...remeber willie your legs still work! mabe...