Friday, May 11, 2007

A Tribute To Toboso...

I attended an event to celebrate the history of Toboso School last evening where I "Principaled" for 27 years. The building has been sold since the elementaries are being consolidated into a new facility next fall. It gave me a chance to reconnect with the past and the PEOPLE I adventured with during that time.


Here....Glenn....the Building Engineer..."expounds" to Janet, my secretary for all that time (we retired the same day!) Glenn and Janet were and are so much more than "employees." They were and are the dearest "forever friends" a person could possibly have.



I reconnected with many colleagues and former students. I had Rod and Rick Lake the first year I taught in the Valley. Rick is now 57 and Rod, 55! ......and life moves on!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Megan Hofacker said...

That is so sad that Toboso will be no more. That is great though that you were able to be there for that big event! What wonderful pictures!

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

Thanks for letting me borrow Pat that evening...I know how special it must have been. Thankfully she was able to help me so very much. I appreciate it!!!