Wednesday, May 16, 2007

....One Last Reflection On The Toboso Past....



.....the cake to mark the event. Interesting that the company that purchased the school is run by two former Toboso students, Casey Williams (who you surely remember, Meg!) and Kelsey Geisler who's Dad walked in my office one day to inform me he would be dieing soon of cancer and wanted to have a conversation with me about how best to tell his son. I later did the eulogy at his funeral.


Teachers.....hiring teachers......hiring the people we put in the room with Kids....that was the most important thing I did at Toboso. Here are a couple of examples of that. The teacher in the foreground, Criss Fisher, became a very gifted classroom teacher. The one in the background, Kathy Klein, with the books taught 40+ children several years because we were overcrowded. It was great to reconnect with many of the staff members I worked with over the years.



..........and lastly....two dear friends. On the left, Duane Flowers, now Mayor of Hanover and John Tolley, head of the Longaberger Landscaping Department. John attended and sent his whole leadership team through the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People classes I taught at Longaberger. His wife headed up the Toboso event and sent me these pictures. Thanks, Judy!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: