Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lunch With Two Very Dear Friends


Carolyn and Linda are two colleagues from my education days. They taught a class called teacher effectiveness training which was life changing for me for one big reason......They taught me to LISTEN! I was pretty skilled at talking at the time but found that the greatest tool in building relationships, counseling marriages or sexually abused was the act of EMPATHETIC LISTENING. For that training I am deeply indebted to these two!
"One of the greatest hungars of the human heart is to BE UNDERSTOOD."
We now meet for lunch occasionally and LISTEN to one another!



The beautifully moved and restored home in the previous pictures is the brianchild of Carolyn and Jan. From the idea to save the house which sat along the Ohio - Erie Canal in the mid 1800's to restoring it to a beautiful destination in Heath.... these two have provided amazing leadership!

Lunches are delicious and completely staffed by community volunteers such as this guy.....Dan.....Jan's husband and a longtime friend. His father planted powerful concepts in my head and heart as my Sunday School teacher when I was 9 years old.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: