Thursday, August 30, 2007

To My Blogging Friends and Family


Tonight I want to reflect on thoughts pertaining to those of you who...... for whatever reason ....check in on this blog now and then.

It's the end of the day.....I'm sitting at my computer checking out one of the blogs I follow on a regular basis. .....

Beth..... through her blog has brought me a lot of insight into the HUGE value of close relationships......THE STUFF THAT REALLY MATTERS TO ME! Beth leads worship in her church and while reading her blog.....the thought hits me that I've only "heard her voice" through her blog pictures and text! I mentioned that in a comment....So...what's she do but send me an audio of her and her daughter singing which I'm now listening to for the fifth time! Beautiful stuff, Beth!

EVERY DAY I check Sam's blog to hopefully get another glimpse of the Grandaughter I have yet to meet....and to SEE.... HER .....and Sam .....and Mel whom I so love.

While sitting at Mohican Lodge with Pat and Heather at the end of our camping adventure.........just before shutting off the computer ..... I checked in on Bob and Claudia's blog. How beautifully Claudia conveyed through words and pictures things I hadn't thought of in years.......

New Years Day 1968 ...... the deep snow we had and the fact that it was that very night that Bob asked her to mary him! .......On her blog I saw again the signs that hung on our fence at home welcoming my Brother Bob back from Viet Nam......and the look on my Mother's face when he surprised her by walking in the door unannounced!!!! I could rehear her SCREAMS of joy!!!

So what am I trying to say.....that the closer I get to Heaven and the ultimate RECONNECTION with my maker....the more each of you mean to me ......and the more I appreciate the realtionships I have with each of you.....some of whom I've never met!

Eloise in Paris.....Chloe in Singapore...... and Beth in Norfolk.....

Each of you who blog.....and each of you who check in....THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!

.....thanks for maintaining the connection that means so much to both of us!!

5 comments:

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

Beautiful...

Megan Hofacker said...

We thoroughly enjoy cking up on what Grandma and Grandpa are up to in their neck of the woods, and beyond. We love you guys dearly!

Beth said...

It's a great blessing to connect with people like you...

Mary said...

Willy,

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

This is a great post. I would have never imagined I'd grow to hold my blogging friends in such high regard. And, Beth does grace us, every day :o)

I really appreciate your fantastic photographs!

chLOe said...

hi bill and pat!

how is the trip at yellowstone so far? looks wonderful to me!
been some time since i blog in comments! :) everything seems awesome on ur blog! ur pics .. geesh. so pretty!

hope to keep in contact still AND i hope one day i'll be able to go to OHIO to pay u and Pat a visit!!! :D

love,
chloe
singapore