Saturday, January 06, 2007

40 Years Ago...Where It All Began!

OK.....so pardon the recent shift from nature and beauty to "ancient history".... but it's just where my mind is of late! I came across this photo in my quest to figure out who I am, how I got here and who I got here with. This was the first day of my second year of teaching. Notice the "thirsting for knowldge" on children's faces. Note the well decorated high interest classroom learning environment! (OK...the building had just opened...no time for that yet.) Note the shelves in the back of the room just brimming with hands on science equipment. This was 8th grade science at it's best! The first student to the left of the model currently attends our church and is 53 years old! This coming Tuesday I will stand in front of 100 Northridge Middle School students and teach the 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. I still have a passion to teach!

2 comments:

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

I am absolutely wondering at this point who took this photo? I am in stitches - it looks like you have had it with them already and are going to throw whatever is in your hand at the first one to pass a note or snicker. :)
"Hello, my name is Mr. Weaver and just so you know..."

The thirst for knowledge, indeed! Who wouldn't be with that ribbed model sitting in front of them??

tee hee. This will lead to many happy discussions.

Jen

Megan Hofacker said...

Ok,you have me wondering who the person is that you spoke of. Who is it I'm trying to guess but I just don't know.