Saturday, November 11, 2006

Remember.....

I sit here at my computer this morning focusing my attention on the picture below and choosing to think about those in my family who have served to protect and defend this country and I ask you to do the same....



Dad Williams - World War II
Uncle Kenny - World War II
Uncles Jerry, Ed and Don - World War II
Bob Weaver - Viet Nam
Wes Weaver - Desert Storm and Desert Shield
David Hofacker - War on Terror
Nate Trainer - Chelsey's Marine "husband to be" soon to be deployed to Iraq

I took the time to reflect on the stories I know from the experiences they have shared about their time of service. The word SACRIFICE so stands out. I dedicate this time and space on my blog to say you are remembered and prayed for this morning, guys. In keeping with my blog theme of things we are thankful for, Pat and I thank you for serving and for YOUR SACRIFICE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You for thinking of our Veterans. We started our day in the parking lot of Holophane @ 7am for a flag raising by some Vets at 7:10. I think it will be flying until tomorrow sundown. Take a look as your drive by. The HighMast should be lighted and the flag a flappin in the wind.
also very appropriate that while I am looking and reading your blog today, I also see the majestic Bald Eagle below :)
Forever the Patriot Claudia

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

So thankful for those who serve this country and the freedoms we receive! Too often we take it for granted.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Loved the tribute to our military men and women.My oldest brother was wounded in Viet Nam,and it is nice to know that people remember.Keep up the good work Willy!!!