Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Awakening Thoughts...

I woke up with quite a mixture of thoughts and emotions at 6:30 AM this morning. I began thinking about the beauty we’ve been seeing here in the fall mountains….. scenes of splendor. I quietly got out of bed to check out the weather and this is the view I got from our window.


God WOWED ME ONCE AGAIN!

I spent the next hour or so assessing who I am…what I’m doing...who I’m doing it with and is it the “stuff that really matters?” When Pat awakened we spent a while talking about our lives and decided on some midcourse corrections we should be making. In both the education and the business world I’ve known some people who were working hard and spending a lot of time climbing the ladder of success only to find it leaning against the wrong building! Pat and I continue to grow in our love for each other and for those family, friends and people in our world. We want to finish our lives serving effectively.

I was hungry and you fed me
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink
I was homeless and you gave me a room
I was shivering and you gave me clothes
I was sick and you stopped to visit
I was in prison and you came to me
…whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me…you did it to me.
Jesus

2 comments:

Megan Hofacker said...

WHAT A GORGEOUS SUNSET! I'LL TRY TO GET TRICK OR TREAT PICS ON TODAY!
KEEP ON ENJOYING YOURSELVES!

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

Beautiful words and pictures...