Thursday, February 28, 2008

What's In The Future??


Those of you who know us know that we both did stints with the Longaberger Company. Pat worked at the Homestead doing Home Decor demonstrations and I started in Guest Relations, moved to Development and the last 2 years of my 9 year stint did Leadership Training. I "retired" 3 years ago and have maintained "loose" connections sometimes being called in as a consultant. The company has declined from its billion dollar status an 8000 employees to about a $300,000,000 business with roughly 2800 employees. Through this time of decline I have maintained connections with some of the wonderful people I worked with. One of those executives has made a decision to rejoin the company and move his family from Washington back to Ohio. I met with him yesterday and we explored some ways I might be reengaging with the business. Kelly is a tremendous leader and I am hoping that with some other internal changes the Company continues for the benefit of those employees of our community still there. The business has done so MUCH for the community and particularly Licking Valley schools.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kirby Hasseman said...

Please let me say "Good Luck!" to both of you. I think we all root for the company to return to prominence. It reminds me of some great times!

Chris said...

Very cool. Sounds like a neat opportunity. Get in there and turn things around!