Tuesday, February 19, 2008

As We Came Around The Corner We Saw President Reagan Coming Towards Us....



......on the wall was an actual entry in his diary right after being shot by John Hinkley.......... "But I realized I couldn't ask for God's help while at the same time I felt hatred for the mixed up young man who had shot me. Isn't that the meaning of the lost sheep? We are all God's children & therefore equally beloved by him. I began to pray for his soul and that he would find his way back to the fold."



.........and this scene at Normandy where he personally thanked this soldier who had been one of those invaders who stormed the beaches to free Europe of the grip of Adolph Hitler and Nazi Germany.......



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

I will have to return to this familiar scene with a little more time and a couple less children on hand, so I can contemplate and enjoy as an adult would! Glad you were able to see and appreciate these things!

Funny our different perspectives of our beloved former president...