Friday, December 21, 2007

My Friend Eric's Battle With Cancer

There are some events in your life that cause you to do a real "gut check" on your life's priorities. One of those was the day I learned my friend Eric (middle) had an aggresive cancerous brain tumor. Eric was a golf pro at the Longaberge Golf course and had participated in a 7 Habits class I facilitated. He had an infectuous laugh and exuded the most positive faith based attitude.....and then the word came!
Eric has been in a fight for his life. I have learned so much about how ones faith plays such an important part in how you approach such events as this. Although he now lives in North Carolina we still stay in touch via internet and tonight we reconnected at Miller's restaurant. Eric and his family are doing well and I am the benificiary of yet another example of living in faith.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kirby Hasseman said...

I remember Eric from Longaberger...great guy. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

Oh wow, I always wondered what happened with Eric! I should have known you would know him! How great you got to see him!

E-mail me an update.