Friday, July 28, 2006

Wilderness Bill of the Bee

My role was to share the value of birding as a life hobby. Consultants get caught up in a whirlewind life and sometimes fail to realize that there is a world of wonder flying around them. My job is to help them stop and take notice. Pat and I have been birding since we first met and keep a life list of the birds we see. I show pictures of birds including the Arctic Tern which is born in the spring in the Arctic Circle and flies 11,000 miles in the "fall" halfway around the globe to Antartica. It "summers" there then in the "fall" flies back another 11,000 miles to the very place it was born. THAT'S 22,000 MILES OF FLIGHT THE FIRST YEAR OF ITS LIFE!
And some think there is no CREATOR???? NOT I !

 
  Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Megan Hofacker said...

GREAT DISPALY DAD. BUT AREN'T YOUR BINOCULARS SUPPOSE TO GO OVER YOUR BELLY NOT AROUND IT. :)
LOVE YA LOTS!

Gluten Free Gourmet said...

My heart breaks to see this - I could have been there to cheer you on! But, on to flying my own new route. Great job!