Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Sometimes There Are People In Your Life......


.....that every minute with them is special and has extraordinary significance. Such is how it is with Grandchildren. The other day Zoe called me out of the blue (we love to get "out of the blue" phone calls from kids and grandkids!) to ask if I would meet her after school with my camera so I could take pictures of her and Addy for her to post on her blog. So I reported for duty and caught the shots previously posted and these of the girls at their lockers....yes...lockers in elementary school.....VERY SPECIAL!


I followed them around as they directed me to shots they wanted me to take....I am Blogger Bill you know!


....even the aquarium brought from the the old school seemed to take on a new life and interest in this new setting.
Tonight we got a call from Zoe informing us that the pies we ordered had come in and asking if it would be alright if they brought them over. Wes, Cheryl, Zoe and Addy pulled up in the van to deliver the pies.....but so much more significant than that was the half hour visit we had. Adelle sat on my lap while Pat and Cheryl talked about recent bargains they had "bagged" at CJ Banks. Wes and I talked a little Valley football (when we could slide words in edgewise!).....but he is suffering from the latter stages of a flu like malady. I watched as several times Zoe would go over to the chair he was sitting in and put her hand on his forehead or cheek or stroke his hair. Cheryl shared that Zoe has been worried about her Dad being sick. There is a special significance to every moment we get to spend with family members, especially children and grandchildren. It is one of God's richest blessings to us at this stage of our life adventure.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

max said...

It doesn't seem like we get overe to pleasant chapel much any more, but We had such a good visit with you guys last night. Thank you for the warm welcome. We love you
Cheryl, Zoe and Addy
p.s. Zoe wants you to know Daddy is feeling much better tonight. (She loves her daddy :))

Megan Hofacker said...

Ican't wait to see these girls! They are getting so big and I feel like I've missed out on so much. i try to cherish every min. I get! C=ya in a couple of days!